Hand forged, 12x folded blade of 1095 carbon steel
– Blade assembly in Kobuse style * (Hard outer steel, soft core)
– Differentiated hardened with clay to 60HRC and 40HRC at the edge and at the back of the blade.
– Ornaments (Tsuba, Menuki, Fuchi and Kashira) are handmade and represent an autumn motif
– Grip winding is made of black silk, lined with traditional triangles of paper (Hishigami), as well as authentic ray skin
– Two bamboo pegs (Mekugi) connect the long-held tang to the handle
– Black, high-gloss lacquered wood scabbard with integral ray-skin inlay.
– The fittings (Koiguchi, kurigata, Kojiri) are made of genuine buffalo horn
– Supplied in a wooden box with cloth bag, seal and certificate
– Manufactured according to museum originals
Made in China.