This is the Skyjiro Ancient Warrior 1070 Spring Steel Unokubi Zukuri Blue Katana.
The blade is made of 1070 high carbon spring steel and features an unokubi zukuri geometry with double bohi and chu-kissaki. The blade has a cosmetic hamon added to it for appearance. The fittings are all made of brass and the tsuba is an attractive quality Musashi style guard with comfortable blackened fuchi/kashira. The handle is wrapped with blue synthetic silk in hinerimaki with gyakute or reverse mounted menuki which are alloy and depict a dragon. The saya features a buffalo horn koiguchi with a rounded kojiri and large kurikata. This katana is extremely light weight and almost effortless in its maneuvering capabilities. This sword will excel at light target cutting and drawing (batto).
Blade: The blade of this sword has been constructed with 1070 high carbon spring steel and comes sharp.
Guard: The solid brass guard is a quality Musashi double ring tsuba.
Handle: Traditional Japanese style blue synthetic silk wrapped handle with real samegawa and double mekugi pins.
Scabbard: Made of wood with black lacquer with blue synthetic silk sageo.
- Hand forged 1070 High Carbon Spring Steel
- Length of the blade: 73,5 cm
- Total length: 100,5 cm
- Total weight (including Saya): 1258 g
- Weight without Saya: g
- Length handle: 27 cm
- Rockwell hardness: 55
- Sori: 1,9 cm
- Point of Balance: 12,07 from Tsuba
- Guard Material: Blackened Solid Blackened Brass
- Fuchi/Kashira: Blackened Solid Brass
- Saya: Wood with Genuine Buffalo Horn Koiguchi
- Sageo: Blue Thick Synthetic Fiber
- Manufacturer: Skyjiro
- The katana is sharpened and can be used for cutting exercises
Delivery includes: Katana, Saya.